Friday 2 March 2012

Quorn Fillets with Garlic and Thyme and Oven Roasted Rosemary Balsamic New Potatoes



I got given a herb rack for my birthday by my Dad so I try to use the herbs as much as I can in my cooking. My favourite and most often used herbs has got to be Thyme and Rosemary, I just love the flavours. I'm going to cook Quorn "chicken" style fillets. On their own the fillets are quite flavourless and boring but by just adding a sprinkle of Thyme and some garlic makes them delicious and tasty, full of flavour. Along with the Quorn fillets I'm going to cook oven roasted new potatoes in olive oil and balsamic vinegar with garlic and Rosemary. The key ingrediants here is the Rosemary and balsamic vinegar that give the new potateos this beautiful sweet aromatic flavour. I'd say this is a perfect summer dish.


Ingrediants (serves only 1 person as I only cook for myself at the moment):

- 2 Quorn "chicken" style fillets
- New potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Garlic cloves (I love a lot of garlic)
- Thyme
- Rosemary
- Salt
- Pepper



1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7 with a tray and a drizzle of olive oil on it in the oven heating up the oil. In order for the potatoes to roast in 20 mins I like to microwave them for 5 mins first. Once they are microwaved put them in the tray of hot oil, add one clove of crushed or chopped garlic, teaspoon of crunched Rosemary sprinkled over, salt, pepper and a splash of balsamic vinegar. The vinegar will give the potatoes great colour and a gorgous sweet taste, works wonderfully together with the perfumed flavours from the Rosemary. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.


After 20 mins they should look like the picture below, with a lovely golden brown colour.




2. 10 mins before the potatoes are ready melt a generous knob of butter in a frying pan and add the Quorn fillets, rest of the crushed or chopped garlic and a good sprinkle of Thyme. Cook on a low heat turning occasionally for about 10 mins till they are cooked through.



 


Serve on a plate with a side salad and its done. A simple, easy with minimal effort meal but very tasty and absolutely bursting with flavours.


 Roasted balsamic new potaoes


Garlic and Thyme Quorn fillets

Quorn and roasted new potatoes served with a side salad with Olive Oil and Balsamic vinegar as dressing.
Bon Appetit :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this, looks really yummy :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds good. Something new to try as well. thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete