Friday 16 March 2012

Baked Salmon topped with Garlic and Dill Mayo and Breadcrumbs

 
Baked Salmon topped with Garlic and Dill Mayo and Breadcrumbs
 
I decided to cook this recipe last night when I was pondering what to have for dinner based on what I have. I had some not so interesting frozen salmon in the freezer, fresh salmon is by far better but frozen salmon is a lot cheaper. Anyway on its own it would be a bit bland so I wondered what I could do with it to jazz it up a bit and make it something delicious and I must say this definitely tastes delicious.

Ingredients: 

-Salmon (fresh would be better but I only had frozen)
- Breadcrumbs
- Mayo
- 1 Garlic clove (crushed)
- tspn of Dill
- Lemon Juice

1. Before you start anything you need to preheat the oven to gas mark 6. Now you need to make the garlic and dill mayo, its really simple but really tasty. Literally just scoop 3 large spoons of mayo into a bowl, add the crushed garlic, Dill and a good few drops of lemon juice to taste. Then just mix it all up.


2. Place the salmon onto a baking tray and spoon the garlic and dill mayo all over the top off it.


3. Then cover it with bread crumbs to make the crispy topping and pop it into the oven for 20 mins.


When you take the salmon out it should be all golden and crispy on the top.


I served my salmon with roasted new potatoes and runner beans. When you eat it the salmon should be tender with the warm mayo and the crispy topping. I think its quite an easy way to make a bland bit of frozen salmon very interesting and delicious, full of flavour.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I think I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very yummy!!! I made it last night and works like a dream , very simple and I served it with some potato patties. Great blog.

    http://thepescetarianpantry.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete